January 4, 2021, 06:00 PM CET
- Historical and current technologies, materials, processes.
- Preservation issues and sustainability.
- Including a Special Session on: Contemporary Photography Preservation Issues -> scarica il pdf di questa special session
- Conservation treatments, experiences, case studies.
- Including a Special Session on: Emergency preparedness and recovery -> scarica il pdf di questa special session
- Digitization and digital recovery of photographic objects and film materials.
- Including a Special Session on: Research, Technologies and New Tools in Film Restoration -> scarica il pdf di questa special session
Call for papers
Conservators, scientists, art historians, curators, artists, anthropologists, students as well as professionals working in printing, photography, and film technology are encouraged to submit abstracts on their research and experiences on analogue and digital materials. Current studies, project, and collaborative initiatives on preservation, conservation, documentation, and digital migration of color photographs and film are particularly welcomed.
Based on the presented works, selected contributions will be proposed after the conference for submission in a special issue of the open access Color Culture and Science Journal.
The conference proceedings will be published online after the Conference.
Please, use the online EasyChair system to submit your abstract. The submission is considered as a commitment to participate in the conference:
Abstracts sent by e-mail will not be accepted. If you need further information, please contact our secretary at the following e-mail address:
Deadlines & Conference registration fees:
January 4, 2021, 06:00 PM CET: Abstract submission deadline. The corresponding author of the abstract (max 3000 characters, spaces included) is requested to specify the desired type of presentation (oral or poster) and the chosen session.
January 20, 2021: Abstract acceptance notification and definition of the type of presentation.
From February 23, 2021: Registration. Authors and participants can register to the Conference at reduced fee (regular 70 €; student 40 €) at the following link https://gruppodelcolore.org/subscribe- to-the-conference/?lang=en.
March 10, 2021: End registration for authors
March 25, 2021 (00:00 ETC): End registration for attendees
March 29-30, 2021: Conference (It will not be possible to register during the conference days)
The registration fee includes:
- Annual registration for the 2021 calendar year to the GdC-Associazione Italiana Colore is mandatory
- Attendance to the conference.
Please note that at least one of the authors of the accepted papers has to pay the conference fee by March 10th 2021, attend the conference and present the work in the format (oral or poster) decided by the scientific committee. Each author and/or co-author of an accepted work who wants to participate in the conference must pay the registration fee. Those who have not completed the registration and paid the conference fee will not be admitted to the conference.
The book of Abstracts will be published online around March 26, 2021.
The best four students’ abstracts will be awarded with a 28€ registration fee bonus.