CALL FOR PAPER
XVII COLOR CONFERENCE
The Gruppo del Colore – Associazione Italiana Colore (www.gruppodelcolore.org), in collaboration with the “Nello Carrara” Institute of Applied Physics of the IFAC-CNR National Research Council (www.ifac.cnr.it), is announcing the
XVII edition of the Color Conference
The international conference will occur in Florence (Italy) on Monday 12 and Tuesday 13 September 2022.
The conference aims to promote the multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary aggregation of all the realities dealing with color and light from a scientific, educational and professional point of view.
Due to the uncertainty about the evolution of the Covid-19 pandemic, it was decided to deliver the conference in mixed mode. Therefore, it will be possible to participate in person (except for any lockdowns) or online in a manner that will be declared as soon as possible on this site.
The Call for Papers for the conference is open. The topics of interest of the 17th edition are the following:
- Color and Measurement/Instrumentation. Colorimetry, photometry and color atlas: method, theory and instrumentation; quality control and food coloring, dyes, organic and sustainable color.
- Color and Digital. Reproduction, management, digital color correction, image processing, graphics, photography, film and video production, printmaking and 3D print, artificial vision, virtual reality, multispectral imaging, data visualization. Light field imaging. Multi-sensor fusion. Color localization, recognition, HDR imaging, ADAS systems.
- Color and Lighting. Metamerism, color rendering, adaptation, color constancy, appearance, illusions, color memory and perception, color in extra-atmospheric environments, lighting design, lighting technologies, visual comfort.
- Color and Physiology. Mechanisms of vision in their experimental and theoretical aspects, color vision and color appearance, deficiencies, abnormalities, clinical and biological aspects, synesthesia, health, well-being.
- Color and Psychology. Phenomenology of colors, color harmonies, color & form, perceptive, emotional, aesthetic and diagnostic aspects.
- Color and Production. Food and beverages, agriculture, textiles, plastic materials, ceramics, paints, gemology, color in the food industry.
- Color and Restoration. Archaeometry, painting materials, diagnostics and techniques of conservation, restoration and enhancement of cultural heritage.
- Color and Environment. Representation and drawing, urban planning, project of color, architecture, interior design, landscapes & horticulture, color and architectural syntax, territorial identities, biodiversity.
- Color and Design. Furniture, CMF design, fashion, textiles, textures, cosmetics, food design, museography.
- Color and Culture. Arts and crafts, history, philosophy, aesthetics, ethno-anthropology, graffiti, geology, sociology, lexicology, semantics, anthropology of vision, food culture and heritage, color naming.
- Color and Education. Pedagogy, didactics of color, aesthetic education, artistic education.
- Color and Communication/Marketing. Graphics, communication, packaging, lettering, exposure, advertising.
- SPECIAL SESSION: Color for beauty, cosmetic and hairstyle. Beauty is a wide topic studied as part of aesthetics, culture, social psychology and sociology. Cosmetic science and technology aim at beauty and is a key part in our society.
- SPECIAL SESSION: Light and lighting beyond colors. Lighting is strictly connected to colors thanks to the development of new lighting sources and control systems and owing to the increasing importance of the spectral characteristics of light in most applications.
Authors are invited to submit their abstracts only if they intend to participate in the conference. Contributions sent by e-mail will not be accepted. To upload the contribution, use EasyChair; the online system for the management of conferences, available at:
The contributions may be in Italian or English (digital proceedings will be available with the Italian and English papers). You must be registered on EasyChair or create an account, if not registered, to send the material. Registration must be done only once. To register for the first time, choose “Signup for an account” on the first page and follow the instructions. It is important to enter complete data by carefully filling in the format, providing actual data and valid e-mails so that the conference organizers can contact you. If you already have an EasyChair account, the acronym for entering the XVII Color Conference is 17CdC2022.
Please note that at least one of the authors of the accepted papers must register for the conference according to the dates indicated on the Deadlines page, participate in the conference and present the work in the format decided by the scientific committee (oral or short presentation). Each author and/or co-author of an accepted work wishing to participate in the conference must pay the registration fee. People who have not previously registered and paid the registration fee will not be admitted to the conference. The final volume of the proceedings will be available online after the conference’s conclusion.
Submission of contributions
To send the abstract, connect to the EasyChair system by entering the login and password obtained from the previous registration and then select “New Submission” from the top menu:
- Fill in the data of the authors and tick “Corresponding Author” so that the e-mail address indicated (at least one) receives communications from the organizers;
- Enter the title and abstract in the prefixed fields (maximum 3000 characters including spaces);
- Choose the topic of interest to which the paper will refer. Choose the topic in Italian if the final paper will be in Italian, choose the topic in English if the final paper will be in English;
- The presentations can be oral or short; the authors must indicate their preference (the final decision will be up to the scientific committee).
- Enter at least three keywords related to your abstract.
The corresponding author will receive a confirmation e-mail that the abstract has been correctly sent to the organizers. Then, based on the deadlines, the organizers will communicate if the abstract has been accepted, with any suggestions for drafting the final paper.
The final paper must be uploaded to EasyChair respecting the deadlines.
The Book of abstracts will be available online on the conference days.
All papers will be published in the conference proceedings. In addition, the best contributions will be selected for a special issue in the Color Culture & Science Journal (CCSJ) and Journal of the International Colour Association (JAIC).
2ND EDITION OF “COLOUR PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILM”
As we are sending you our warmest wishes for a peaceful and safe 2022, we are excited to announce the 2nd Call for the 2ndinternational conference on
“Colour Photography and Film: analysis, preservation, and conservation of analogue and digital materials”
to take place in Florence (Italy) in September 2022 (Thursday 15th and Friday 16th September, 2022).
The first edition of the conference, which was held at the end of March 2021 and organized online due to the pandemic, was a great success thanks to the approximately 140 participants and 50 presentations from 12 different countries. This first convening made us understand the importance of such an event in uniting the analogue and digital world with that of conservation of photographic materials and film. The presentations have been collected in the proceedings and in the first volume of the Research Culture and Science Books series (RCASB), which is available at the following link, free of charge:
At the request of many colleagues, the second conference will be organized in mixed mode (virtual and physical participation) during two days, 15-16 September 2022, in Florence.
Contributors are encouraged to share their recent research and experiences on analogue and digital colour materials. Highlights on history, preservation, conservation, restoration, digital migration of colour photographs and film are particularly welcome, as are interdisciplinary views on how colour photography and film technologies have impacted society and culture.
Authors are invited to submit their abstracts only if they are committed to participating in the conference. Abstracts sent by e-mail will not be accepted; for submitting your abstracts, use the online EasyChair system available at:
More detailed information on how to submit abstracts will be available on the Gruppo del Colore – Associazione Italiana del Colore conference website. Please note that the deadline for submission is 28 February 2022
The Conference is organized by The Gruppo del Colore – Associazione Italiana del Colore (Color Group – Italian Color Association), in collaboration with the Istituto di Fisica Applicata “Nello Carrara” of the Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (IFAC-CNR) and the Opificio delle Pietre Dure (OPD)