CALL FOR PAPER
XVIII COLOR CONFERENCE
The Gruppo del Colore – Associazione Italiana Colore is announcing the
XVIII edition of the Color Conference.
The international conference will occur in Lecco (Italy) on Friday, 15 and Saturday, September 16, 2023.
The conference aims to promote the multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary aggregation of all the realities dealing with color and light from a scientific, educational and professional point of view.
The Call for Papers for the conference is open. The topics of interest of the 18th edition are the following:
- Color and Measurement/Instrumentation. Colorimetry, photometry and color atlas: method, theory and instrumentation; quality control and food coloring, dyes, organic and sustainable color.
- Color and Digital. Reproduction, management, digital color correction, image processing, graphics, photography, film and video production, printmaking and 3D print, artificial vision, virtual reality, multispectral imaging, data visualization. Light field imaging. Multi-sensor fusion. Color localization, recognition, HDR imaging, ADAS systems.
- Color and Lighting. Metamerism, color rendering, adaptation, color constancy, appearance, illusions, color memory and perception, color in extra-atmospheric environments, lighting design, lighting technologies, visual comfort.
- Color and Physiology. Mechanisms of vision in their experimental and theoretical aspects, color vision and color appearance, deficiencies, abnormalities, clinical and biological aspects, synesthesia, health, well-being.
- Color and Psychology. Phenomenology of colors, color harmonies, color & form, perceptive, emotional, aesthetic and diagnostic aspects.
- Color and Production. Food and beverages, agriculture, textiles, plastic materials, ceramics, paints, gemology, color in the food industry.
- Color and Restoration. Archaeometry, painting materials, diagnostics and techniques of conservation, restoration and enhancement of cultural heritage.
- Color and Environment. Representation and drawing, urban planning, project of color, architecture, interior design, landscapes & horticulture, color and architectural syntax, territorial identities, biodiversity.
- Color and Design. Furniture, CMF design, fashion, textiles, textures, cosmetics, food design, museography.
- Color and Culture. Arts and crafts, history, philosophy, aesthetics, ethno-anthropology, graffiti, geology, sociology, lexicology, semantics, anthropology of vision, food culture and heritage, color naming.
- Color and Education. Pedagogy, didactics of color, aesthetic education, artistic education.
- Color and Communication/Marketing. Graphics, communication, packaging, lettering, exposure, advertising.
- SPECIAL SESSION: Colour Photography and Film. Analysis and conservation of analogue and digital materials. Study and preservation of contemporary artistic artefacts, such as color photographic and cinematographic materials. Various topics related to furthering the knowledge of color photographic and cinematographic objects from a historical, material and conservation point of view.
Authors are invited to submit their abstracts only if they intend to participate in the conference. Contributions sent by e-mail will not be accepted. To upload the contribution, use EasyChair; the online system for the management of conferences, available at:
The contributions may be in English or Italian (digital proceedings will be available with the English and Italian papers). You must be registered on EasyChair or create an account, if not registered, to send the material. Registration must be done only once. To register for the first time, choose “Signup for an account” on the first page and follow the instructions. It is important to enter complete data by carefully filling in the format and providing valid data and valid e-mails so that the conference organizers can contact you. If you already have an EasyChair account, the acronym for entering the XVIII Color Conference is 18CdC2023.
Please note that at least one of the authors of the accepted papers must register for the conference according to the deadlines indicated on the conference webpage, participate in the conference and present the work in the format decided by the scientific committee (oral or short presentation). Each author or co-author of an accepted work wishing to participate in the conference must pay the registration fee. People who have not previously registered and paid the registration fee will not be admitted to the conference.
Submission of contributions
To send the abstract, connect to the EasyChair system by entering the login and password obtained from the previous registration and then select “New Submission” from the top menu:
- Fill in the data of the authors and tick “Corresponding Author” so that the e-mail address indicated (at least one) receives communications from the organizers;
- Enter the title and abstract in the prefixed fields (maximum 3000 characters including spaces);
- Choose the topic of interest to which the paper will refer. Choose the topic in English if the final paper will be in English or Italian if the final paper will be in Italian;
- The presentations can be oral or short; the authors must indicate their preference (the final decision will be up to the scientific committee).
- Enter at least three keywords related to your abstract.
The corresponding author will receive a confirmation e-mail that the abstract has been correctly sent to the organizers. Then, based on the deadlines, the organizers will communicate if the abstract has been accepted, with any suggestions for drafting the final paper.
The final paper must be uploaded to EasyChair, respecting the deadlines.
The Book of abstracts will be available online on the conference days.
All papers will be published in the conference proceedings. The final volume of the proceedings will be available online three months after the conference’s conclusion.
The best contributions will be selected for publication in scientific journals specializing in color issues.