December 30, 2020, 06:00 PM CET
- Historical and current technologies, materials, processes.
- Preservation issues and sustainability.
- Including a Special Session on: Contemporary Photography Preservation Issues -> download the pdf of this special session
- Conservation treatments, experiences, case studies.
- Including a Special Session on: Emergency preparedness and recovery -> download the pdf of this special session
- Digitization and digital recovery of photographic objects and film materials.
- Including a Special Session on: Research, Technologies and New Tools in Film Restoration -> download the pdf of this special session
Call for papers
Conservators, scientists, art historians, curators, artists, anthropologists, students as well as professionals working in printing, photography, and film technology are encouraged to submit abstracts on their research and experiences on analogue and digital materials. Current studies, project, and collaborative initiatives on preservation, conservation, documentation, and digital migration of color photographs and film are particularly welcomed.
Based on the presented works, selected contributions will be proposed for submission in a special issue of the open access Color Culture and Science Journal.
The conference proceedings will be published online after the Conference if at least 75% of the authors are willing to submit their manuscripts. Authors should express their interest for having the conference proceedings published by sending an email to segreteria(at)gruppodelcolore.org.
Please, use the online EasyChair system to submit your abstract. The submission is considered as a commitment to participate in the conference:
Abstracts sent by e-mail will not be accepted. If you need further information, please contact our secretary at the following e-mail address:
Deadlines & Conference registration fees:
December 30, 2020, 06:00 PM CET: Abstract submission deadline. The corresponding author of the abstract (max 3000 characters, spaces included) is requested to specify the desired type of presentation (oral or poster) and the chosen session.
January 20, 2021: Abstract acceptance notification and definition of the type of presentation.
From January 15, 2021: Registration. Authors and participants can register to the Conference at reduced fee (regular 70 €; student 40 €) at the following link https://gruppodelcolore.org/subscribe- to-the-conference/?lang=en.
March 25, 2021 (00:00 ETC): Registration closing date.
March 29-30, 2021: Conference (It will not be possible to register during the conference days)
The registration fee includes:
- Annual registration for the 2021 calendar year to the GdC-Associazione Italiana Colore is mandatory
- Attendance to the conference.
Please note that at least one of the authors of the accepted papers has to pay the conference fee by January 31st 2021, attend the conference and present the work in the format (oral or poster) decided by the scientific committee. Each author and/or co-author of an accepted work who wants to participate in the conference must pay the registration fee. Those who have not completed the registration and paid the conference fee will not be admitted to the conference.
The book of Abstracts will be published online around March 26, 2021.
The best four students’ abstracts will be awarded with a 28€ registration fee bonus.